The first impression is what counts. Following this motto we must bear in mind that dressing well and appropriately is essential when conducting a job interview.
Make an impact with your presence and your clothes to make a good impression on the interviewer. It is not about dressing someone you are not, but about doing it in a way that is appropriate for the situation you are facing.
To do this, research the style code of the company, as well as the type of job you are applying for. It is not the same to dress informally or formally since it will depend on the job, the company and yourself.
Choose the appropriate look
You can choose two options: an informal look and a more classic one for the occasion.
If you have decided to choose this option, pay special attention to these tips:
- Always wear your correct size.
- Take jeans, blazers, sweaters and chinos, for example.
- Avoid loud colors and large prints because what you need is for the interviewer to notice you and not your clothes.
- Your shoes must be clean and neat.
- Don’t wear headscarves and fearsome hats that attract excessively attention.
- You can use plugins, but not excessively large. The secret is in simplicity and minimalism.
If you have decided to opt for the more formal option, take note of these notes:
- Wearing a tie gives a greater sense of formality.
- Choose a classic suit, but avoid the black color that is more typical of galas and other events such as funerals.
- Take maximum care of the ironing of your suit.
- Wear light and dark colored shirts, but avoid excessively “loud” colors.
- Pay attention to your shoes that they are taken care of as much as your suit.
- The patterns, squares and stripes on the suits are choices to avoid in these cases.
These are our tips for you to succeed with your look in a job interview.